Tuesday, June 4, 2013

From WordPress to Blogger

Today is June 4, 2013 but my disappointment with my previous blog is still with me. I lost the articles I wrote from months of February to April. It is my fault that I was not able to save those articles. I regret losing my summary and reflection of Mises' "Planned Chaos", articles on Hazlitt, Bastiat, North and Bitcoin. 

I first owned a site using Word Press and Host Gator. For a year, I haven't encountered any problem. But with Solid Hosting, my blog went down three times with its six month existence. It is just an insignificant blog and I wonder why it receives such "attention".

I forgot the exact day it went down first. My brother-in-law was able to fix it I think after more or less a week of inactivity. The damage is minimal; it's just disappointment and lost of interest in writing. But not with the second collapse happened during the first week of April. Solid Hosting made an announcement in April 13 about certain "Global Attack on WordPress Site". Though I do not know what specifically it had to do with me, I was so disappointed with myself for entering the world of blogging without sufficient technical knowledge. Since that day, I stopped writing and was thinking of permanently stopping this study. As a result, I find my energy in reading Austrian and libertarian literature diminished. June 1st was the third and last time my blog went down. It was hacked. I googled how to recover my blog and fixed it myself. 

As I mentioned in my last post in that Word Press blog, "Studies in Economics", if ever I will write again, I will try Blogger. Yes, I heard also stories of blogs in Blogger suddenly taken away from them. But I think this time, I have to keep a copy of every article I am posting.  


No comments:

Post a Comment